Hospitalist Physician Ambassador – Travel Team
To prospective teammates,
I’m the director of Sound Physicians Hospital Medicine Ambassador program (travel team), and I’ve been a part of Sound for six years. I’m proud of the hospital medicine practice we’ve built and welcome interest from physicians desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about us, specifically our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We’re an established and growing team of physicians.
- Our team members live nationwide and travel to our hospital partner sites all over the country.
- Our physicians are internal medicine trained and board-certified and are passionate about teamwork, integrity, and delivering high-quality patient care.
- Board-certified family medicine physicians with current experience in hospital medicine are encouraged to apply.
- We welcome challenging and complex cases, as our Ambassador physicians work in various hospital settings and are highly adaptable.
- Ambassadors participate in any team meetings and initiatives to drive high-quality care and bring better care to the bedside.
- Our Ambassador physicians’ airfare and lodging are paid for by Sound in addition to their compensation.
- Ambassadors work a seven-on, seven-off block schedule. Part-time (one block per month) and full-time options are available.
- Sound’s licensing team will help manage the procurement of any state licenses needed to work at one of our hospital partner locations. We’ll cover the cost of these licenses.
- Expected annual salary ranges from $346K to $382K depending on the schedule worked (days/swings/nights).
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Focusing on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Alicia Scheffer, National Director of Ambassadors