Hospitalist or Nocturnist – $75,000 Commencement Bonus – Alpena, MI
Hospitalist and Nocturnist Opportunities in Beautiful Alpena, Michigan
MyMichigan Medical Center – Alpena, a 139-bed, nonprofit, acute care hospital, has been named one of the Top 100 rural and community hospitals by The Chartis Group for 2023.
- Established team of 8 physicians, two advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 9-bed, open ICU with excellent sub-specialty back-up. ICU procedures are not required for our day Hospitalist.
- If working in the ICU or at night, you must be able to run codes and be comfortable with rapid response calls, central lines, intubations, and vent management.
- Residents welcome to apply!
- Compensation ranges from above $325,000 to $400,000 per year
- J1 and H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered.
Location & Lifestyle
Alpena, known as the Sanctuary of the Great Lakes and located on the shores of Lake Huron, is an active and engaging community known for its outdoor activities and laid-back lifestyle. Excellent housing options vary from historical homes to waterfront or the privacy of acreage. Outdoor life is the name of the game – hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, camping, hockey, hunting, and fishing, and shipwreck tours are within minutes. You’ll find shopping and recreational activities for the entire family. Good schools, historic landmarks, golf courses, festivals, and endless year-round events offer the sort of lifestyle a family would want.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.