Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline is the largest and foremost acute care medical center in South Texas, offering a full range of diagnostic and surgical services. The Shoreline campus is a premier facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center, and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Shoreline received the 2016 Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Center BRONZE PLUS Recognition Award.
- 369-bed hospital
- Established team with 14 physicians and 4 advanced practitioners
- Open ICU with 24/7 Intensivist on staff (rounding by pulm/CC staff only) and excellent sub-specialty backup. Sound physicians do not round on patients in the ICU – Do not round on ICU at all, handoff to Intensivists, no rapids, and expectation that you will attend rapids/help on your own patients
- No Procedures; no codes, rapid response runs them; will attend codes, whites and blues, on own patients.
- Level II trauma, a great place to learn, excellent consultant support (no push back), full stroke and chest pain center
- IM and FM trained are accepted
- Opportunity for extra shifts
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Nicknamed the “Sparkling City by the Sea” Corpus Christi has much to offer, with a healthy blend of culture, nature, and entertainment sure to inspire all year round. Within close proximity to South Padre Island, you will surely enjoy the water sports and famous international destinations for kite-boarding or kite-surfing. Other island activities include bicycling, tennis, shelling, and horseback riding on the beach. The popular Laguna Madre Nature Trail for nature enthusiasts and bird-watchers is north of the city next to the convention center.
- Ranked by US News as one of the best places to live based on its affordable and laid-back lifestyle, thriving economy, and low crime rates
- Texas A&M University’s Corpus Christi campus draws a younger demographic, as does the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi with its aviation program
- Corpus Christi is just a three-hour drive to Houston & Austin and two hours to San Antonio