Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Saint John’s Regional Medical Center is a state-of-the-art 265-bed hospital with a 23-bed acute rehabilitation facility. Nearby Saint John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital has 82 acute-care beds and a 99-bed extended care unit with the only hyperbaric medicine unit in West Ventura Country. Dignity Health St. John’s Regional Medical Center, together with its sister hospital St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital in Camarillo, comprises the largest acute health care organization in Ventura County. This private, not-for-profit health care system was founded more than 100 years ago and treats more than 187,000 patients annually.
- Established team with 21 physicians and a clinical performance nurse for support
- Co-managed ICU with intensivists for support
- No procedures required
- No call
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Oxnard truly provides the best of all worlds. Just an hour north of Los Angeles and about 30 minutes south of Santa Barbara, Oxnard is in the perfect central location for experiencing Southern California. Located just 20 minutes from the desirable areas of Westlake Village and Thousand Oaks, well known for exceptional schools, upscale dining and shopping, and attractive real estate, Oxnard is ideally situated for any lifestyle. As the largest community in Ventura County, Oxnard combines big-city living with the easygoing charm of a Southern California beach town.
Awards and Recognitions
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures for 8 Years in a Row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 7 years in a row
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed for 6 years in a row
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment
- Dignity Health St. John’s Hospitals has earned 12 awards from Healthgrades
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention™ for 5 years in a row
- Coronary Intervention Excellence Award™ for 8 years in a row
- Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services for 8 years in a row
- Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures for 8 years in a row