Day Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner (FNP or AGACNP)
A Collegial Practice That Works for You
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center is a 113-bed community healthcare provider with a staff of over 300 healthcare professionals, offering inpatient, outpatient care, diagnostic, medical, surgical, and emergency care. McKenzie-Willamette is partially physician-owned and offers a Level III Trauma Center. A $115 million expansion and renovation project was completed in 2019.
- 15 Full Time Hospitalist team (9 physicians including the Medical Director & 6 NPs)
- Full-time day shift opportunity with up to 182 shifts per year
- 7 on/7 off block schedule for continuity of care preferred but flexible
- 3 physicians during the day 7 am-7 pm with 2 NPs
- 1 NP and 1 physician at night 7 pm-7 am
- Closed ICU with subspecialty support from intensivists, AN, and ED
- Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track and full-time benefits
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Oregon
- Recent acute care experience as a nurse practitioner is preferred, but not mandatory; FNP must have hospital experience
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the south end of the Willamette Valley, 90 miles south of Portland and beside the scenic Willamette & McKenzie Rivers, Springfield is the place for the outdoor enthusiast and truly is a hidden gem. Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running, & water sports opportunities abound. Skiing opportunities are just an hour away and the ocean is a little over an hour to the West. Together with Eugene, Springfield forms Oregon’s second-largest metro area with a population of over 350,000. Eugene is also home to the University of Oregon where you can see Olympic and collegiate sporting events. The Hult Center for the Performing Arts offers jazz, opera, ballet, & the Eugene Symphony and choir as well as various traveling performances. Downtown Springfield offers ample opportunities for dining, arts, culture, & shopping. Springfield/Eugene has excellent schools and a regional airport with daily flights across the country!