Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Ascension St. John Broken Arrow is a destination for specialty care – including heart, cancer, stroke care, and orthopedics. Numerous primary care and specialty care clinics are also available onsite in our adjoining Medical Office Building.
- 44-bed community hospital
- The hospitalist group is 4 physicians and 2 APPs
- The Hospitalist team runs codes
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within the NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in Oklahoma and one year of hospitalist experience as an APP
Location & Lifestyle
Located in northeast Oklahoma, Broken Arrow is the fourth largest city in the state and one of the fastest-growing incorporated municipalities in Oklahoma. Broken Arrow is also home to the third-largest manufacturing hub in the state, with many employees working in the energy sector. Residents in Broken Arrow enjoy a high quality of life, characterized by low crime, high-performing schools, affordable housing, and easy access to many parks and recreational facilities. The City fosters a sense of community by sponsoring seasonal festivals and events each year, including Rooster Days, a local Farmers Market, and musical performances in the park. With destination attractions in the Rose District, the Performing Arts Center, Warren Theatre, Bass Pro Shops, and more, residents and visitors have many options when it comes to choosing shopping, dining, and cultural and entertainment activities.
- Five-Star Quality Rating from CMS
- Ascension St. John Broken Arrow Among Best in Knee and Hip Replacement by U.S. News & World Report
- Ascension St. John Broken Arrow received a TMF Hospital Quality Improvement Silver Award
- Ascension St. John Broken Arrow received awards from healthcare market research firm Professional Research Consultants for 2020-21 for 5-Star patient satisfaction award (Top 10% Nationally) overall hospital rating and a 5-Star patient satisfaction award (Top 10% Nationally) for overall quality of care in its Joint Replacement Unit