Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
A Collegial Practice That Works for You
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Established team with 9 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 113-bed level III trauma center
- No call
- No procedural requirements
- Closed ICU
- 7 on/ 7 off; Days
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Oregon
- Ideally looking for a candidate with 1-2 years of recent acute care experience as a nurse practitioner
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the south end of the Willamette Valley, 90 miles south of Portland and beside the scenic Willamette & McKenzie Rivers, Springfield is the place for the outdoor enthusiast. Hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running, & water sports opportunities abound. Skiing opportunities are just an hour away and the ocean is a little over an hour to the West. Together with Eugene, Springfield forms OR’s second-largest metro area with a population of over 350,000. Eugene is also home to the University of Oregon where you can see Olympic and collegiate sporting events. The Hult Center for the Performing Arts offers jazz, opera, ballet, & The Eugene Symphony and Choir as well as various traveling performances. Downtown Springfield offers ample opportunities for dining, arts, culture, & shopping. Springfield/Eugene has a regional airport with daily flights across the country!