Hospitalist or Nocturnist – Danville, IL
To prospective teammates,
I am the regional medical director for Sound’s hospitalist practice at OSF Sacred Heart in Danville, Illinois. I have proudly been a part of Sound for three years and welcome interest from new and experienced hospitalists. I would like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a young, energetic team of eight physicians.
- We are a diverse team who come from all different geographical locations, backgrounds, and cultures. We collaborate and partner with each other to support and provide help.
- Our hospitalist coordinator supports you in providing a high-quality patient care experience.
- We have a solid executive team that supports our group and what we are working to accomplish.
- We are 2.5 hours from the Chicago, 1 hour from Indianapolis and 3 hours from St. Louis which puts us in the center of the Midwest.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a 12-bed open ICU setting.
- We have intensivists available 24/7.
- Our hospitalists do not perform procedures, but we do run codes and rapids.
- We cover around 120 beds, and our physicians work 12-hour shifts. We do offer seven on/off schedules.
- We work with Epic as our EMR system.
- Our census is generally 15-18 patients per provider but can fluctuate from time to time. We rotate admissions and support each other as a team.
- Nocturnists will see around five admits per night and take cross-coverage calls
- We usually meet monthly for team meetings and have daily huddles with the team.
- I’m looking for a strong clinician looking for a place to learn and grow as a physician. Internal medicine and family medicine physicians are welcome to apply.
- Our compensation package is very competitive, and you can earn $350 – $400k base salary plus additional incentives through productivity and quality bonuses.
- We offer a $40k sign-on bonus once you start working.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community: People in Danville, Illinois, appreciate the city’s small-town charm, friendly community atmosphere, and affordable cost of living. The city’s rich history, diverse cultural offerings, and proximity to outdoor recreational activities also contribute to the overall appeal for residents.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Troy Ahlstrom, Regional Medical Director