Hospitalist or Nocturnist Teaching Opportunity – Martinsburg, WV
To prospective teammates,
I am the medical director for Sound Physicians at Berkeley Medical Center in Martinsburg, WV, and have served on this team for 12 years. I’m proud to welcome interest from physicians and APPs coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- Our cohesive and experienced team comprises 12 physicians and 3 advanced practice providers, with the support of a clinical performance nurse. Most of our physicians are internal medicine trained with a physician with FM training. We benefit from three NPs assisting with admissions and consults. Most of us reside within 30 minutes of driving from Martinsburg, with some team members commuting from Northern VA.
- Each team member actively participates in various hospital committees, including performance improvement, critical care, P&T, etc.
- While we don’t meet outside of work often, we maintain strong bonds and commemorate important milestones like birthdays and anniversaries during work hours. We enjoy shared lunches and regular quality time together.
- We proudly sponsor H1B visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a very academically active hospitalist group. We have closed ICU, but we see many challenging cases on the floors. We have a semi-open ICU with intensivist coverage during the day and E-ICU coverage at night for now. We will be closing the ICU in January 2024. Our team is not expected to do procedures, but we do run codes and rapid response on floors.
- For those who like to teach, we work with medical students and residents from WVU med school and Jefferson Family Medicine Residency program.
- We meet every month for team meetings where we discuss quality improvement and relevant issues at work.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or in the outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Berkley Medical Center