Hospitalist – Mishawaka, IN
To prospective teammates,
I am the associate medical director for St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka, Indiana, and have been a part of Sound Physicians for nine years. I warmly welcome interest from physicians coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are an established, close-knit group of 20 physicians and 2 advanced practice providers who join forces with other hospital staff and departments to bring the best possible quality of care to our patients.
- Our team represents diverse geographical, cultural, and background experiences, promoting collaboration and mutual support.
- Our clinical performance nurse supports you in providing a high-quality patient care experience.
- Our hospitalist coordinator, part of the team since 2009, works with you on scheduling or other support needs.
- Our executive team strongly supports our group in achieving our collective goals.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists and our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a co-managed ICU with intensivist coverage 24/7. All hospital admissions are assigned to the hospitalist service, where we collaborate with our specialists to determine the best care path for each patient.
- Our hospitalists do not perform procedures, but are adept in running codes and rapids, ensuring efficient patient care.
- We have 274 beds, and our physicians cover day, swing, and night shifts. We have APP support at night alongside the nocturnist.
- Our census is generally 14-16 patients per provider but can fluctuate from time to time. We rotate admissions and support each other as a team.
- Monthly team meetings and daily huddles promote regular communication and coordination within our group.
- We seek a strong clinician with integrity to support the team we’ve built. Internal programs offer leadership development skills while connecting with a cohort of other emerging leaders.
- Our compensation package is highly competitive, providing opportunities to earn additional income through productivity and quality incentive bonuses.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- As a community-minded team, we encourage contributions within and outside the hospital to foster a thriving local community.
Mishawaka, Indiana, is known as one of the “Best Hometowns in America” and is proud of its city. Notre Dame University is the heart of the community and provides energy and vitality to the area. Mishawaka offers dining, shopping, cultural sites, and outdoor activities along the St. Joseph River. It is within driving distance of Lake Michigan and only two hours from.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Khaleelur Zackariya, Associate Medical Director