Hospitalist (PT) – Manchester, CT
To our prospective physician teammates,
I serve as medical director at Manchester Memorial Hospital, situated in Manchester, Connecticut, just a 20-minute drive from Hartford. I extend a warm invitation to physicians who are completing their training or considering a career change to explore what we offer.
Our commitment to people, practice, and purpose has created an environment in which physicians thrive. I hope this overview will be helpful as you contemplate your options.
- We’re a tightly knit and highly skilled team consisting of eight physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs). Our collaborative efforts extend beyond medical duties to foster a supportive work environment for the benefit of our patients.
- The diversity within our team is a source of strength. Our clinicians hail from varied geographic, educational, and training backgrounds, and we value social interaction both within and outside of work.
- Active involvement in hospital committees is common on our team, solidifying our relationships with specialists and receiving strong support from our hospital’s leadership.
- Our site coordinator plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy work-life balance for the team, and our spacious, dedicated workspace ensures a quiet and efficient environment for documentation.
- A clinical performance nurse enhances the patient care experience.
- Our practice is located in the vibrant and diverse community of Manchester, offering excellent schools, renowned universities, and access to top-tier tertiary care. Our location is within easy reach of New York, Boston, Connecticut, and the Rhode Island shoreline.
- Our hospital is a closed ICU with Sound Physicians intensivists. We’re actively seeking board-certified/eligible physicians with hospitalist experience/training. Internal and family medicine physicians are welcome to apply.
- Our responsibilities encompass rounds, admissions, discharges, and daily multidisciplinary rounds. Whenever possible, we engage in geographic rounding.
- As part of our hospitalist team, you’ll actively participate in the rapid response and code team. We are all certified in basic life support and advanced cardiovascular life support. Our Sound intensivist team seamlessly takes over code management upon arrival.
- Our team convenes twice a month over lunch to discuss team matters and stay updated on Sound and hospital developments. We also organize monthly education days to deepen our understanding of other hospital departments.
- Our current need is for 6 to 8 day shifts per month
- We use Meditech for electronic health records and have access to our internal informatics platform.
- Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, a 401k plan with a matching program, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and an annual CME allowance. Moreover, we offer a Path to Partnership track to help you secure your future.
- Our team enjoys a good retention rate, and we collaborate seamlessly to ensure adequate coverage for colleagues’ time off.
- We put patients first. Always.
- My decision to grow my career with Sound was fueled by our commitment to high-quality, efficient medical practices.
- We endorse and support personal and professional growth within our hospital medicine practice, offering opportunities for local growth and broader engagement within the national medical group.
If you’d like to delve deeper into this opportunity, please reach out to our recruitment partner, who will help connect you with me.
Dr. Sathya Ramakrishnan
Hospitalist Medical Director