Hospitalist – Luray, VA
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for Sound’s hospitalist practice at Page Memorial Hospital in beautiful Luray, Virginia. I have proudly been a part of Sound for five years and welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- Join our established team of three physicians supported by a clinical performance nurse, where our focus is delivering quality patient-centered care. Our three daytime physicians handle the normal census of patients, averaging about 12-3 encounters, including admissions.
- In this hospital and community, you have a unified group of people who genuinely love working together. In this underserved community, you’ll have a meaningful opportunity to make a tangible difference in advancing healthcare and improving patient care systems.
- Our hospital partners promote a fantastic level of collaboration, encouraging substantial participation in committees. This inclusive environment is designed for your significant participation in making decisions that directly impact the well-being of patients and contribute to hospital policy improvements.
- In the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, there are ample opportunities for outdoor fun. Explore kayaking in local rivers and lakes or hike in the gorgeous Shenandoah National Park. Within an hour’s drive, experience skiing, snowboarding, and tubing at Massanutten Resort. We’re conveniently situated for easy access to Northern Virginia and Washington, DC.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services are covered by Sound.
- Welcoming the challenge of complex cases, we work in a critical access hospital with a tight-knit group of providers. There is no ICU and no required procedures. Working in partnership with our system and consultants, we regularly enjoy the challenge of complex cases.
- We gather monthly for team meetings, fostering close ties and communication with hospital administration.
- With a preference for family and outdoor time, a flexible schedule allows us to cover for each other when needed.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Luray, Virginia, attracts individuals seeking a picturesque blend of natural beauty and small-town charm. Nestled in the Shenandoah Valley, Luray offers stunning landscapes, including the renowned Luray Caverns and Shenandoah National Park. Residents enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking, and exploring the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains while relishing a bonded community and a slower pace of life with historical sites, local shops, and a welcoming atmosphere.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Medical Director, Page Memorial Hospital