Hospitalist – Lewiston, ID
To prospective teammates,
I’m the associate chief medical officer for Sound’s programs at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, ID. I have been a part of Sound for three years. I’m proud of the emergency medicine practice we built here and am excited to develop our hospital medicine program. We welcome interest from physicians coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are establishing a team of six physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs) with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- We encourage our providers to get involved at a hospital level and participate in committees.
- We hope to build a team that enjoys working and playing together – enjoying the myriad outdoor activities available in Lewiston.
- We proudly sponsor J1 visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists and our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in an open ICU setting, managing vents, and doing procedures like central lines and arterial lines. Training is offered for procedures.
- We anticipate the team will meet once a month for team meetings to collaborate on our goals of bringing better to the bedside.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we will cover for each other when we’re out.
- Expected annual compensation is competitive at over $350K. We are also offering a high commencement bonus!
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development are key features of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Lewiston, ID, stands out as a great place to live with its scenic beauty and a strong sense of community. Nestled at the confluence of the Snake and Clearwater Rivers, residents enjoy outdoor activities, a relatively low cost of living, and a friendly atmosphere. The city’s natural charm, recreational opportunities, and a close-knit community make it an appealing and welcoming hometown.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Pam Grewall, Associate Chief Medical Officer, Sound Physicians