Hospitalist (PT) – Fort Payne, AL
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for Sound Physicians’ internal medicine practice at Dekalb Regional Medical Center, in Ft. Payne, Alabama. I have proudly been with Sound for over four years and welcome interest from experienced physicians desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a closely knit, established team of three physicians and an advanced practice provider (APP).
- Join an outstanding, highly collaborative medical team dedicated to advocating for our patients’ well-being.
- We are actively seeking experienced family medicine and internal medicine physicians who are passionate about providing comprehensive care.
- Our group values close collaboration with case management, and our administrative team is committed to incorporating valuable hospital medicine insights, creating a dynamic and supportive work environment.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in an open ICU and assisting with ventilation management. Our surgical colleagues do procedures.
- We are in search of a physician who can commit to approximately eight shifts per month. Our regular schedule includes working Monday through Thursday every other week, providing a great work-life balance. While we collaborate to ensure coverage during time off, you may have opportunities to assist your colleagues by covering for occasional vacations, but you can generally expect most weekends off.
- Enjoy an annual income of approximately $201,000 when you work an average of eight monthly shifts. Our physicians follow a round-and-go hospitalist model, allowing you to efficiently manage your responsibilities and take calls from the comfort of your home.
- Although this is a part time position, you would be eligible for benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Consider joining our medical team in Fort Payne, Alabama, where you can experience the best of both worlds. With its small-town charm, Fort Payne provides a welcoming community and a high quality of life. Plus, you’ll be under an hour to Chattanooga, Tennessee and Birmingham, Alabama is about an hour and a half away, offering access to urban amenities and entertainment while enjoying the peaceful surroundings of Fort Payne.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, Caroline McLean, who will put you in touch with me.
Amarabalan Rajendran, MD