Hospitalist Opportunity in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia; Just 2 hours from DC and Pittsburgh
War Memorial is a non-profit, licensed Critical Access Hospital, providing exceptional care for the residents of Morgan County, West Virginia. It has 25 inpatient beds, 16 long term care beds, and 8 ER beds. War Memorial has been a Valley Health System Hospital since 2010, with a brand-new facility opened in 2012. In 2022, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services awarded War Memorial 5 Stars based on data from quality measures, staffing, and health inspections. The West Virginia Hospital Association awarded War Memorial with a Gold Star in its Commitment to Excellence Honors Program.
- No call environment
- No ICU; Procedure experience is not required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off; 7am-7pm
- Open to internal medicine and family medicine trained physicians; Residents welcome to apply!
Location & Lifestyle
Located just 2 hours from Washington, D.C. and Pittsburgh, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia is a haven for those looking to escape the chaos of the big city. Known as “America’s First Spa”, Berkeley Springs has endless activities year-round for the entire family, including water sports, skiing, local cafes boutique shopping, year-round festivals, and beautiful hiking trails in the West Virginia mountains you have to see to believe! Southern Living and Trip Advisor both named Berkeley Springs among “20 Charming Mountain Towns to Visit ” and among “America’s Prettiest Small-Town Vacations” respectively. With a cost of living 65% lower than its neighbors in D.C. and Pittsburgh, come relax at home in Berkeley Springs!
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance