Hospitalist – Macon, GA
Join Sound at Coliseum Northside Hospital in Macon, GA
Coliseum Northside Hospital is a 103-bed community-based for-profit hospital that specializes in orthopedics, spine care, bariatric surgery, and gastric reflux disease that is owned and operated by Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA). Coliseum Northside operates a full-service 24-hour emergency room with specialized pediatric care, has inpatient and outpatient surgery options, diagnostic services, and an orthopedic and spine center.
- Established team with 4 physicians, 3 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 12 bed ICU is currently closed but will open sometime in 2023 and when it does, hospitalists manage ICU with Tele ICU
- No procedures (anes & EM do procedures)
- Run codes and rapid
- EPIC EMR
- Dedicated day position, no call
- 7 on 7 off block schedule
- Day shift: 7 am-7 pm
Accredited Joint Commission and American College of Surgeons, including:
- Joint Commission, Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Commission, Total Hip Replacement
- Joint Commission, Total Knee Replacement
- American College of Surgeons, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Macon, Georgia, is strategically positioned just 1 hour and 15 minutes southeast of Atlanta and Atlanta Airport, making it an equidistant point northwest of Savannah and Savannah Airport. This charming city, along with its surrounding area, boasts a population of approximately 230,000 residents. Macon is home to several prestigious educational institutions, including Wesleyan College, Middle GA State University, and Mercer University. Additionally, it offers the convenience of being located a mere 30-minute drive from Warner Robbins Air Force Base.
Macon’s location places it in the heart of the state, making it an ideal destination for nature enthusiasts seeking a weekend getaway in the great outdoors. Visitors can explore the 180 acres of upland forest at Amerson River Park, a popular spot for hiking. Historic downtown Macon features an extensive network of biking paths, providing many miles of scenic routes. For those who enjoy water activities, kayaking along the Ocmulgee River is a favorite pastime.
Conveniently situated just 80 miles to the south of downtown Atlanta, Macon offers a unique blend of rich history, remarkable architecture, Southern charm, and a vibrant musical heritage. Outdoor enthusiasts can take advantage of opportunities such as walking or biking along the picturesque Amerson River Park, which is part of the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail. Lake Tobesofkee provides a sandy shoreline for play, boating, and picnicking.