Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – South is a 156-bed, full-service hospital located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island in Corpus Christi, Texas. The hospital offers advanced diagnostic, medical, surgical, obstetric and gynecologic, emergency, and intensive care services for residents living on the ever-growing south side of Corpus Christi. This site includes a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, allowing premature babies and newborns with special needs to stay close to their recovering mothers while receiving the best quality care.
- 8 physician team with a clinical performance nurse
- No procedures required
- ER physician runs codes, but Sound physician expected to be present for their patient during code
- Sound physicians respond to rapid responses on their patients
- Open 8-bed ICU, Sound physicians round on all ICU patients – will help with vent and ICU level medications (drips) if necessary; Intensivist will round once a day otherwise is available by phone the rest of the day
- IM or FM accepted
- 7 on/7 off
- J1 and H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Nicknamed the “Sparkling City by the Sea” Corpus Christi has much to offer, with a healthy blend of culture, nature, and entertainment sure to inspire all year round. Within close proximity to South Padre Island, you will surely enjoy the water sports and famous international destinations for kite-boarding or kite-surfing. Other island activities include bicycling, tennis, shelling, and horseback riding on the beach. The popular Laguna Madre Nature Trail for nature enthusiasts and bird-watchers is north of the city next to the convention center.
- Ranked by US News as one of the best places to live based on its affordable and laid-back lifestyle, thriving economy, and low crime rates
- Texas A&M University’s Corpus Christi campus draws a younger demographic, as does the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi with its aviation program
- Corpus Christi is just a three-hour drive to Houston & Austin and two hours to San Antonio