Hospitalist or Nocturnist- Akron, OH
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director and system medical director for Cleveland Clinic Akron General in Akron, Ohio. I have been a part of Sound Physicians for ten years. I’m proud of the hospitalist practice we have built and welcome interest from physicians coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 29 physicians and four advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of two clinical performance nurses. We have 11 physicians and one APP working daily from 7 am to 7 pm. One physician works a swing shift daily from 12 pm to 12 am. We have two physicians and 1 APP working nightly from 7 pm to 7 am.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who learn from each other in our approach to patient care.
- Our group participates in several hospitalist committees and QI projects.
- Our team enjoys biking, hiking, spending time with family, and photography. We also have marathon runners on the team.
- We hold annual potluck lunches around holidays.
- We proudly sponsor H1B visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists and our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services are covered by Sound.
- Cleveland Clinic Akron General is a 532-bed Regional medical center. The hospital has the prestigious “Magnet” status. Cleveland Clinic Akron General is recognized regionally and within Ohio for its expertise and care.
- We use EPIC EMR.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases. The ICU is closed, and there are no procedures required or codes. Our team responds to codes on their own patients.
- For those who like to teach, we work with IM and FM residents from the Cleveland Clinic Akron General residency program.
- We have weekly team meetings.
- We have a seven-on / seven-off rotation. Our hospitalists work approximately two weeks of swings and two weeks of nights annually.
- Located 35 minutes from Cleveland, Akron is the 5th largest city in Ohio, with a population of approximately 700,000 in the Greater Akron Metropolitan area. Home to theaters, museums, cultural centers, and ample restaurants and shopping hot spots, Akron offers something for everyone!
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community:
Akron offers a unique blend of urban appeal and small-town charm, attracting residents for various reasons. Its affordability shines, with the cost of living significantly lower than the national average. History buffs love the rich industrial heritage, evident in museums and vibrant architecture. Foodies relish the diverse culinary scene, from farm-to-table restaurants to ethnic eateries. Nature enthusiasts revel in Cuyahoga Valley National Park’s stunning scenery, just minutes away. The thriving arts scene, with galleries, theaters, and live music venues, caters to creative souls. Whether it’s friendly neighborhoods, family-friendly activities, or exciting festivals, Akron offers something for everyone seeking an authentic and welcoming community.
To learn more, please get in touch with my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Kavitha Subramanian, MD
Medical Director, System Medical Director