Through People, We Make a Difference
Borgess-Lee Memorial Hospital is a part of a 15-hospital system in Michigan called Ascension. The hospital serves Dowagiac and Cass County with primary care, secondary services, and tertiary care in cardiovascular, orthopedic, pulmonary, and diagnostic services. Thanks to the link with Borgess Health, the hospital offers many specialty services usually found only in larger cities.
Borgess-Lee Memorial Hospital was recognized by the Centers for Medical & Medicaid Services (CMS) as one of the modern hospitals which are scientifically measured and assessed to have high-quality health care services for promoting health and improving the quality of life.
- 25-bed, non-profit, critical access hospital
- Team of 1 physician and 1 full-time advanced practitioner
- No call environment; No code requirement; No procedures
- Specialty Coverage – CT, Ultrasound – 24/7; Cardiologist, General Surgery 8a-4p, 4-days/wk
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday,7 – 7
- Integrated care program – Sound manages both the hospital medicine and emergency medicine programs
- Open to internal medicine or family trained physicians with 2+ years of experience
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Dowagiac is nestled within the Fruit Belt in Southwest Michigan, surrounded by rolling farmlands and abundant orchards. Enjoy a multitude of cultural and recreational attractions in the area such as fishing, canoeing, boating, water skiing, and ice fishing on the neighboring Sister Lakes. Be sure to tour the historic train depot, live theatre, museums, and art galleries as well.