Hospitalist – Tucson, AZ
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the Systems Medical Director over our Carondelet Hospitalist programs in Tucson, AZ. Since 2016, I have been an integral part of the team, initially as a hospitalist, then as medical director, and eventually progressing into the systems medical director for our Tucson programs. We are growing our team and are looking for new colleagues to join us. We welcome recent graduates as well as seasoned clinicians. I want to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your options:
- We are a team of 20 physicians and 6 advanced practice providers (APPs).
- We take pride in the diversity of our team, stemming from varied geographic, educational, and training backgrounds.
- Collaboration is key within our hospital. We work closely with colleagues from different departments to ensure seamless patient care transitions.
- J1-visa sponsorship opportunities are available through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Conrad 30.
- We work in a closed ICU environment. Sound Physicians also oversees emergency medicine and critical care staffing and management, which handles codes and procedures.
- We use Cerner, supplemented by access to Sound’s internal informatics platform.
- Compensation is based on day shifts. Days are $1,320, $1,500 for swing, and $1,800 for nights. The expected annual full-time base salary, with a regular shift rotation, is $248,640, plus quality and productivity incentives.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- Eligibility is open to internal medicine and family medicine physicians. Candidates must be board-certified or eligible with the expectation of obtaining certification.
- We put patients first. Always.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and support involvement and contributions to community health and wellness in and out of the hospital.
If you’re considering a move to the area, Tucson, Arizona, boasts over 300 days of sunshine annually, making it an ideal destination for those who cherish a warm and sunny climate. The city also offers a rich cultural tapestry, vibrant arts scene, and stunning natural landscapes, including the breathtaking Sonoran Desert and nearby majestic mountain ranges, providing an excellent quality of life for outdoor enthusiasts and culture aficionados.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Nat Rial, MD
Systems Medical Director