Through People, We Make a Difference
Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital is one of only three accredited Chest Pain Centers in Southern Arizona and of only two Tucson hospitals certified as a Primary Stroke Center. The hospital is home to the Carondelet Neurological Institute, has a comprehensive Women’s Care Program, and a nationally-certified Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
Our Sound Physicians team includes three service lines- emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine – all working together for additional collegiality and exceptional results including higher patient satisfaction!
- 486-bed community hospital with 44-bed Medical-Surgical ICU with a dedicated 12-bed Neuro CCU and Step Down Unit and 36 Neuro Med/Surg private rooms
- Established team with 19 physicians, 4 advanced practice providers, and two clinical performance nurses
- Excellent sub-specialty backup
- No procedures
- Closed ICU; Sound critical care team provide excellent 24/7 ICU coverage
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- Recognized for quality maternity care by Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Centers for their proven expertise, high-quality care, and patient results as designated Maternity Centers in Southern Arizona
- Accredited by the Society for Cardiovascular Care as a Chest Pain Center
- The Carondelet Hospitals are nationally recognized for their commitment to high quality by the US World News for highly performing regional care in Heart Failure, and St. Joseph’s Hospital is recognized also for COPD
- The rehabilitation program has been recognized by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) for both its cardio and pulmonary rehabilitation programs. Additionally, The Inpatient Rehabilitation program at Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital is by CARF International, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
Sound Physicians is a physician-founded and led hospital medicine practice that started in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. We believe this starts by offering a better career model designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Tucson is situated in the eastern portion of Pima County, Arizona is one of the lushest valleys found in the Sonoran Desert. Surrounded by five unique mountain ranges, opportunities for outdoor exploration are endless. A quick drive along the Catalina Highway-Sky Island National Scenic Byway can take you from the lower elevations of the valley floor to the summit of Mt. Lemmon at 9,157 feet. In roughly an hour this scenic drive traverses seven of the world’s nine life zones—the span of ecosystems you’d see driving from Mexico to Canada. The city is bordered on all sides by protected natural areas: Coronado National Forest, Catalina State Park, Ironwood Forest National Monument, and Saguaro National Parks East and West (the best places to see the giant saguaro cactus native only to Southern Arizona and Native Mexico). Because of the variety of terrain and proximity to protected areas and parks Tucson is widely considered one of the world’s best destinations for activities such as hiking, cycling, rock climbing, horseback riding, and just about anything else you would want to do outdoors.