Through People, We Make a Difference
SSM St. Mary’s Hospital, a two-time winner of the prestigious Premier Award for Quality, is a teaching hospital that offers an independent, accredited IM residency and is headquarters for St. Louis University School of Medicines Dept. of Obstetrics/Gynecology and its FP residency program. The hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services and comprehensive medical care, including the only Level II Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI center.
- 476-bed, non-profit teaching hospital; Part of the SSM (Sister’s of St. Mary) hospital system
- Established team of 24 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Closed ICU with intensivist coverage provided by Sound’s own critical care team; No procedures are required
- Nocturnist will oversee residents in completing admissions and assisting with duties overnight
- Full or part-time; benefit eligible with commitment to 5 nights per month
- Open to board-certified internal medicine-trained physicians; Residents are welcome to apply!
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
The metropolitan city of St. Louis offers a low cost of living, named the “20-minute city” for little traffic and easy commutes. The “must-see” in this city is the 630 ft. Gateway Arch, built in the 1960s honors westward expansion. For sports fans, the city is home to the NFL’s St. Louis Rams, MLB Cardinals, and the NHL’s St. Louis Blues. St. Louis offers easy access to international travel at the St. Louis Lambert International Airport. There are many hip and desirable neighborhoods including Central West End and Richmond Heights which are close to downtown, universities, restaurants, outdoor excursions, and rural countryside drives. St Louis is also home to USA Today’s #1 City Park, Forest Park, located right in the middle of town!
- Great schools including public, private, and parochial
- Some of the nation’s best universities including Washington University, St. Louis University, University of Missouri
- Cardinals Baseball at Busch Stadium, Cricket, Soccer, Football, Cycling, Pro Hockey