Through People, We Make a Difference
Saint Joseph Hospital, Lexington’s first hospital, remains the first choice for health care today. Founded in 1877, it has grown into a 433-bed medical center, with a full range of services, including the national award-winning Heart Institute and leading-edge da Vinci robotic surgery. Also known as Lexington’s “heart hospital”, Saint Joseph has been nationally recognized for treatment in the areas of cardiology, orthopedics, and stroke, by Thomson Reuters and U.S. News and World Report.
- Team of 16 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists run codes on their own patients
- No call environment
- Open ICU with 24/7 intensivist support; No procedures are required
- Open to BE/BC internal medicine physicians only
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Location & Lifestyle
Lexington, the second-largest city in Kentucky, is known as the “Horse Capital of the World” and it sits in the heart of the state’s Bluegrass region. With a metro area of about 500,000, it is the location of the Kentucky Horse Park, The Red Mile, and Keeneland race courses, Rupp Arena, the world’s largest basketball-specific arena, Transylvania University, the University of Kentucky, and Bluegrass Community & Technical College. Living in Lexington, you are only an easy drive away from Louisville, KY, Cincinnati, OH, and Knoxville, TN!
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.