Through People, We Make a Difference
Join Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley a 25-bed critical access hospital and make a difference in an underserved community! Tehachapi Valley has been providing quality care to inpatients and more than 15,000 emergency room visits yearly.
- Team of 2 physicians
- 4-bed, open ICU; No procedures are required
- No call environment
- Internal medicine-trained physicians preferred
- 1+ years of hospitalist experience required
- Schedule is 7 on/7 off days only; part-time option available
- Spanish-speaking physicians are encouraged to apply
- Salary range: $327k-$357k; dependent upon experience
- $75k commencement bonus for full-time hires that can start prior to summer and travel stipend available for physicians that do not live in the immediate area
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Tehachapi is a city in the Tehachapi Mountains of southern California. With a beautiful viewpoint that overlooks the Tehachapi Loop, a long, spiral section of the railway track. This city is known for the Tehachapi Pass Wind Farm, Main Street Tehachapi, and the Tehachapi Depot Museum. Tehachapi is just 40 minutes outside of Bakersfield, California with a higher elevation, cooler temperatures year-round with all four seasons, cleaner air, and lots of outdoor activities to enjoy.
- Just under two hours to L.A.
- Low cost of living; median home price is less than 300k
- Conveniences of a large city, yet the charm of a small town with just over 12,000 residents
- Parks, hiking trails, and family-friendly events to enjoy all year