Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in how we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Aiken Regional Medical Center in Aiken, South Carolina, has been serving the community since 1917 and has since grown to 273 acute care beds offering a wide range of specialties and services. Services include a 24/7 emergency room, women’s center, behavioral health center, cardiovascular imaging, neurosurgery, and more! The Joint Commission accredits Aiken Regional Medical Centers and has received multiple awards, including the region’s #1 most caring hospital!
- Academic hospitalist position with the opportunity for core faculty
- Daytime opportunity 7 on/ 7 off, 7 AM to 7 PM
- Co-managed ICU; intensivist onsite
- No procedures required
- Recent acute care experience is required; new resident grads encouraged to apply
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel proud of their care. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Aiken, South Carolina, is a charming small town located near Augusta, GA, and Columbia. It has been recognized as the “South’s Best Small Town” by Southern Living Magazine in 2018. Aiken offers a diverse range of attractions, including picturesque mountains and sandy beaches within a three-hour drive. The town seamlessly blends its rich history with modern amenities, providing a desirable lifestyle. Residents enjoy affordable living, a mild climate for year-round outdoor activities, a thriving downtown area, a bustling retail mall, and a globally cosmopolitan business environment. Housing options range from cozy cottages to grand historic estates and single-family homes. Aiken is also home to a progressive college with a small-town appeal and award-winning schools. The town offers numerous recreational opportunities, such as equestrian sports, year-round sports activities, the arts, hiking, fishing, and more. Aiken embodies Southern charm while offering an active and modern lifestyle.