Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Aiken Regional Medical Center in Aiken, South Carolina has been serving the community since 1917 and has since grown to 273 acute care beds offering a wide range of specialties and services. Services include a 24/7 emergency room, women’s center, behavioral health center, cardiovascular imaging, neurosurgery, and more! Aiken Regional Medical Centers is accredited by The Joint Commission and has received multiple awards, including the #1 most caring hospitals in the region!
- The hospitalist team has 10 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Award-winning program with supportive resources, including cancer care, cardiovascular institute, and a neurosciences center
- Aurora Behavioral Health services – a 62-bed facility for acute care crisis
- 16-bed, open ICU with intensivists on staff during the day
- 27 bed ED with 55,000 annual visits
- Hospitalists run codes on their own patients
- No procedures required
- 7 on/7 off, 7 consecutive shifts per month
- Recent acute care experience required
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Minutes from Augusta, GA, and an hour from Columbia, Aiken, South Carolina is a 4-time winner and named by Southern Living Magazine as the 2018 “South’s Best Small Town. With lush, idyllic mountains and beautiful sandy beaches less than three hours away, this is the perfect home for anyone. The old and new blend perfectly to provide a lifestyle that suits the most discriminating of tastes- affordable living, the mild climate for year-round outdoor activities. A beautiful, thriving downtown complemented by a busy retail mall; an exceptional business environment located in a small but globally cosmopolitan town; cozy cottages and single-family homes nestled among grand, historic estates; a contemporary, progressive college with a small town appeal; award-winning schools. Enjoy an active, modern lifestyle with an endless list of things to do that include equestrian sports, year-round recreational sports, the arts, hiking, fishing, and a host of other ventures. All entrenched in Southern Charm.