Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
St. James Healthcare is a 100-bed Level III Trauma Center and one of Montana’s largest comprehensive hospitals, serving the healthcare needs of people throughout a seven-county region. St. James Healthcare has played an important role in the history of Butte, Montana. Founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, St. James has been known for generations for its mission of compassionate care and service to the poor. Today, that commitment is accompanied by St. James’ reputation as a technological leader in Montana’s healthcare industry and the largest acute-care hospital in southwest Montana. St. James is part of SCL Health, a nonprofit faith-based health system with 9 hospitals in three states.
In 2023, St. James Healthcare made Becker’s Healthcare’s Top 100 Rural and Community Hospital list.
St. James is a wonderful place to work. Everyone knows everyone, and they have a close-knit group. Their staff is top-notch, and they work hard to give the best care to their patients.
- Established team of 6 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Co-managed open ICU
- 7on/7off; everyone rotates equally through the nights
- No procedures are required but preferred
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
BIG, BOLD skies, and outdoor recreation. The only place to live when you love the outdoors. Located right on the western edge of the Continental Divide (and midway between two national parks), quality of life and balance are realities in this SW Montana town. Benefit from enough blocked time off to enjoy the surrounding mountainous area and close-by opportunities to hike, climb, ski, bike, golf, fish, float, boat or just relax in the abundant natural hot springs. Regular skiing and snowboarding are 40 minutes away. Holter Lake is amazing for boating and fishing activities and only 100 miles way. Visit the neighboring towns of Helena and Bozeman for your shopping trips! Butte also thrives on their cultural festivities. Folk Festival and Irish Festival are some of the town’s most favorite gatherings. Lastly, if you are a sports fan, this is the town for you.