Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
Abrazo West Campus is a thriving medical center and Emergency and Trauma Medicine rotation site for the Abrazo Internal Medicine and General Surgery residency programs. Abrazo West Campus serves the West Valley and beyond offering complex services like a Level 1 Trauma program, orthopedics, interventional cardiology, stroke, and vascular care, women’s health, robotic-assisted surgery, and more.
- 188-bed acute care community medical center
- Established 16 physician team and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Open 20 bed ICU; hospitalists are required to perform intubations when necessary; intensivist support during the day and trauma anesthesia at night for backup
- Hospitalists are a part of the Rapid Response Team and are the primary code team
- Part-time option available
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located in Goodyear, Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix and surrounded by stunning sunsets, beautiful mountain ranges, and the Sonoran Desert. Towering saguaro cactuses, spring wildflowers, and mountains on every horizon are just a few of the natural aesthetics that make Phoenix one of the best cities to spend time outdoors. Hiking and biking are some of the most popular ways to see the saguaro cacti, red rocks, and desert arroyos, no matter what part of town you live in. The Cholla trail on Camelback Mountain features the most iconic outline on the horizon and Piestewa Peak in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve offers even more signature vistas and trails. South Mountain Park and Preserve is the largest municipal park in the United States, and mountain bikers love the 50 miles of trails it provides.
Awards and Accolades
- Abrazo West Campus is a Level I Trauma center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2020 Recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Honor Roll Elite awards for using the most up-to-date, evidence-based treatment guidelines for improved patient care and outcomes