Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
University of Kansas Health System, St. Francis Campus Topeka, Kansas has been recognized as the Designated Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI. This is given to hospitals with the ability to give exceptional treatment to patients with heart attack symptoms. This campus has also been recognized as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program, as well as a Certified Primary Stroke Center.
- 378-bed community-based hospital
- Established team with 11 physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- ER runs codes
- Open ICU with intensivists available for consultation
- No procedures required
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located on the Kansas River, near the center of Shawnee County, Topeka provides its residents with an assortment of attractions, a stable economy, great schools, and good health care. Home to a variety of cultural institutions, Topeka’s Combat Air Museum, the Topeka Zoo, and the Kansas Children’s Discovery Center draw thousands of visitors each year. Washburn University sports teams give Topeka residents plenty to cheer about. Downtown Topeka is filled with restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues that host musical acts and live theater.