Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Central Peninsula Hospital offers a range of services and the capacity to care for the entire family, from the newborn to the geriatric patient. In addition to the 24-hour emergency department, the hospital has a complete family birth center, intensive care unit, medical-surgical unit, outpatient surgery department, and an oncology and infusion center. Ancillary services include laboratory, physical medicine, cardiopulmonary, a sleep disorder center, and a state-of-the-art imaging department including CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, and mammography.
Sound Physicians, in partnership with The Alaska Hospitalist Group, provide Hospitalist coverage at Central Peninsula Hospital located in Soldotna, Alaska.
- Join a team of 10 physicians, including a chief hospitalist
- In addition to Central Peninsula Hospital, the staffing model with The Alaska Hospitalist Group also includes multiple hospitalist services at Providence Alaska Medical Center, St. Elias Specialty Hospital, and Mat-Su Regional Medical Center
- Swing shift rotation covers admissions and new consults during the day
- Flexible block scheduling, working week blocks
- Night shifts can be filled individually or in blocks, depending on physician preference
- The Alaska Hospitalist Group provides medical consultation for a wide variety of surgical services
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Alaska and the beautiful city of Soldotna have so much to offer!
The City of Soldotna is situated along the banks of the Kenai River, approximately 10 miles inland from the shores of Cook Inlet. Soldotna is at the heart of the Central Peninsula area, near the communities of Kalifornsky Beach, Kenai, Kasilof, Clam Gulch, Nikiski, Anchor Point, Funny River, and Sterling. Within driving distance are the cities of Homer, Seward, and Anchorage.
Soldotna’s location offers residents and visitors beautiful nature — from world-record salmon in the Kenai River to wild caribou herds, to migratory waterfowl on the Kenai River Flats and in the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. The Refuge is made up of nearly 2 million acres of untouched wilderness, dedicated in 1941 by President Roosevelt.
In addition to the beautiful nature of Alaska, you will also appreciate the financial benefits of no state income or sales tax.