Through People, We Make a Difference
Dameron Hospital is a fully accredited, non-profit, 202-bed community hospital providing acute and tertiary-level care to San Joaquin County residents. Dameron Hospital was founded in 1912 by Dr. John Dameron and has grown to support a staff of over 800 employees. Dameron Hospital is dedicated to providing quality patient care in a safe and caring environment. Dameron Hospital is a designated heart attack receiving center for San Joaquin County and has been recognized nationally and statewide for the quality of many of its services and programs, including designations from HealthGrades® for Five-Star Rated Knee Replacement and Five-Star Rated Back Surgery, and selection as a Blue Shield of California Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery and Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement. Dameron has also been recognized as a Top Performer for its Quality Metrics by the Joint Commission.
- Join a team of 8 full-time hospitalists; the team rotates through a fair share of day and night shifts; 3 physicians during the day, 7 AM – 7 PM, and 1 physician at night 7 PM – 7 AM
- 7 on/7 off-block schedule for continuity of care
- Open ICU – 24 beds, intubation, and central line procedural proficiency is a plus
- The hospitalist team is part of the Rapid Response Team; the ED team responds to codes
- Salary range: $350k-$374k; dependent upon experience
- J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
This comfortable and affordable community is enriched by the pleasures of metropolitan living without the congestion, overcrowding, and expense, this is the ideal location. Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, and San Francisco are within close range; boating, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, and rolling hills of wine country are all within reach, offering a great lifestyle and recreational opportunities. With its Central Valley location, Stockton attracts a wide range of business and recreational activities. The California Delta with over 1,000 miles of waterways surrounding Stockton is a scenic wetland with over 100 marinas and resorts. A variety of arts and cultural activities are available with opportunities to enjoy music, theatre, dance, and literary events. St. Joseph’s is located in the heart of Stockton, near the University of the Pacific, CSU Stanislaus Stockton, and the Midtown-Magnolia Community, an area rich with homes built around the turn of the century. Stockton is the 12th largest city in the state with a population of over 250,000 residents. Stockton, the “All America City,” offers residents a unique blend of lifestyle opportunities.