Sound Physicians is Seeking a Hospitalist Physician for Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital in Tucson, AZ
Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital is part of the Carondelet Health Network a member of Tenet, a diverse healthcare organization servicing national and international communities. Carondelet St. Mary’s is a 436-bed facility recognized as a destination hospital for the most modern and minimally-invasive heart and vascular surgery, advanced stroke care, unique and personalized cancer treatment, and emergency care. Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital is part of a three Hospital Health System recognized as one of Southern Arizona’s top healthcare systems as demonstrated through Joint Commission accreditation at all three Carondelet Hospital locations.
- Join this steam of 18 physicians, 2 APPs, and a clinical performance nurse
- St Mary’s is a 436-bed community-based hospital
- No procedures required
- Closed ICU
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Hospital System Awards
- Carondelet St. Mary’s and St. Joseph’s Hospitals are both accredited by the Society for Cardiovascular Care as Chest Pain Centers
- The Breast Center at Carondelet St. Mary’s has received accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) representing the gold standard in quality for breast centers across the country – the highest recognition a breast center can receive. It is awarded by The American College of Surgeons to breast centers that voluntarily commit to providing the best possible care to patients
- The Surgical Weight Loss Center at St. Mary’s Hospital has been designated as an accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- The Carondelet Hospitals are nationally recognized for their commitment to high quality by the US World News for highly performing regional care in Heart Failure, and St. Joseph’s Hospital is recognized also for COPD
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is home to roughly 1 million people, the second-largest city in Arizona behind Phoenix. Tucson is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges, making it the perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts. Our community may be the best-kept secret in the Southwest – join us!
- 360 days of annual sunshine with an average temperature of 83′ F
- Phenomenal Schools – Tucson has three high schools that were listed in the Top 50 High Schools in the USA by S. News & World Report
- Tucson is among the hottest housing markets for 2021. The average home cost is 21% less than the average home cost in Phoenix.
- Year-round recreational activities include rock climbing, snow-skiing, camping, hiking, and bicycling across the area’s 800+ miles of biking paths.
- Tucson has a rich cultural arts community comprised of over 200 art groups and over 30 regional museums.
- Excellent culinary culture and scene – Tucson is the only U.S. city designated as a “City of Gastronomy” by UNESCO