Hospitalist (FT or PT) – Santa Fe, NM
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the Hospitalist Medical Director at Presbyterian Santa Fe Medical Center in Santa Fe, NM. I have been with Sound Physicians since 2010, and this is the second program I’ve worked with where I have served as the Hospitalist Medical Director. We are growing our physician and advanced practice provider (APP) team and are looking for new colleagues to join our team. We welcome recent graduates as well as seasoned clinicians. I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your next steps:
- We are a team of eight physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs).
- Our team comprises clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds.
- Within the hospital, we work closely with our colleagues in other departments to ensure a smooth transition of care.
- We offer J1-visa sponsorship through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Conrad 30.
- The hospital has four ICU beds, and we work in an open ICU environment.
- The hospitalist team requires procedural skills. We support the patients by performing arterial lines, central lines, chest tube insertion, intubations, endoscopy, EKG, paracentesis, thoracentesis, lumbar puncture, stress test, and vent management.
- We are part of the rapid response and code team.
- We use EPIC EMR and access Sound Physicians’ internal informatics platform.
- Compensation is shift based at $1,829(day) and $2,109.00 (swing/night). The annual full-time base salary expectation with a regular rotation of the night shifts is $313,992. We also offer quality and productivity incentives.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and support involvement and contributions to community health and wellness in and out of the hospital.
Santa Fe, New Mexico, is a captivating place to call home, renowned for its rich cultural heritage and distinctive adobe architecture. The city’s vibrant arts scene, including numerous galleries and the famous Santa Fe Opera, adds to its charm. Residents appreciate the diverse cuisine, historic landmarks like the Palace of the Governors, and the breathtaking landscapes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. With a thriving arts community, a solid commitment to preserving its cultural identity, and a welcoming atmosphere, Santa Fe provides a one-of-a-kind living experience for those seeking a blend of history, art, and natural beauty.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Steve Brizendine, MD
Hospitalist Medical Director