Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
AdventHealth Central Texas, located in Killeen Texas, is a 75-bed, faith-based facility. A Christian organization and member of the Advent Health System, which manages 50 hospitals and employs over 80,000. Advent Health System is the 10th largest hospital system in the country.
- The hospitalist team has 6-day MDs, 2 swing APPs, and 2 nocturnist MDs
- 7 on/ 7 off, 12 PM – 12 AM, primarily admissions but must be comfortable rounding on patients
- No procedures or ICU coverage
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas; MUST be acute care trained or certified
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the heart of central Texas, Killeen is a family-friendly city with a thriving economy. Residents have access to an abundance of outdoor and recreational activities such as golf, fishing, arts, and music. Killeen is also home to one of the few planetariums in Texas. Killeen provides easy access to major metro areas such as Dallas-Ft. Worth and Austin.