Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians is a leading healthcare organization with a proven track record of improving quality, satisfaction, and financial performance for its hospital partners nationwide. Sound combines a high-performance model with engaged providers to drive reproducible results across the acute care episode – through anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, telemedicine, and physician advisory services.
Long Beach Medical Center consistently achieves national accolades for providing quality care and is recognized as a major regional provider of medical and surgical services. Their state-of-the-art electronic medical record system ensures patients receive the best, safest possible care.
- 741-bed, non-profit hospital
- An established team of 10 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Co-managed ICU with 24/7 in-house intensivist support; procedures are not required
- IM trained physician preferred
Awards and Recognitions
- One of the U.S. top 125 hospitals by Consumers’ CHECKBOOK
- Named Top 100 Hospitals Cardiovascular by Thomson Reuters
- One of “America’s Best Hospitals” for Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report magazine
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location and Lifestyle
Long Beach is a beautiful, vibrant beachfront community located ½ hour from Los Angeles. Numerous unique dining and shopping destinations are mixed with eclectic neighborhoods, arts and culture, history, family-friendly activities, and endless sports and recreation opportunities in this urban waterfront playground. Enjoy a live performance at the Long Beach Performing Arts Center, home to the Long Beach Symphony Orchestra, or enjoy a fun family day at the Long Beach Aquarium. Catalina Island, Disneyland, and Universal Studios Hollywood are all a short car drive away.