Nocturnist – Owasso, OK
Join Sound at Ascension St. John in Owasso, OK
Ascension St. John Owasso is a 36-bed short-term, acute care hospital 20 minutes North of downtown Tulsa. As part of the Ascension network, the hospital is dedicated to providing comprehensive and compassionate medical services to the local community. The facility is equipped to offer a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency care, surgical procedures, diagnostic imaging, and various medical specialties.
- Established team with 2 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Hospitalists run codes
- Closed ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- H1B/J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- Five-Star Quality Rating from CMS
- Ascension St. John Owasso was recently awarded a five-star rating, the highest achievement level possible, from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service.
- Ascension St. John Owasso was named one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals
- For the fourth year in a row, Ascension St. John Owasso has been named to the 2020 IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list. This honor recognizes Ascension St. John Owasso as one of the top-performing hospitals in the nation for 2020.
- Ascension St. John Owasso Earns Excellence in Healthcare Awards from Professional Research Consultants
- Ascension St. John Owasso received awards from healthcare market research firm Professional Research Consultants for 2020-21; 5-Star patient satisfaction award (Top 10% Nationally) overall hospital rating and a 4-Star patient satisfaction award (Top 25% Nationally) for overall quality of care in its Emergency Department
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location and Lifestyle
Living in Owasso, Oklahoma offers a friendly and welcoming community nestled in the northeastern part of the state. With a population of approximately 35,000 people, Owasso strikes a balance between a small-town feel and access to modern amenities. The city boasts a strong sense of community, where residents are friendly and welcoming, making it an ideal place to raise a family. Owasso is known for its excellent school system, with highly rated public and private schools that provide quality education opportunities for children of all ages.
Nature enthusiasts will appreciate Owasso’s proximity to beautiful outdoor spaces. The city is surrounded by picturesque landscapes, including scenic lakes, parks, and nature trails. This allows for a variety of recreational activities, such as hiking, fishing, boating, and picnicking. Owasso has experienced steady growth in recent years, resulting in a thriving local economy. The city offers a range of shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment options to cater to residents’ needs and preferences. Residents can enjoy a diverse culinary scene, with various dining options available, from local favorites to national chains.
Furthermore, Owasso benefits from its convenient location. Situated just 15 miles north of downtown Tulsa, residents have easy access to the amenities and cultural attractions of a larger city while enjoying a quieter suburban lifestyle. Commuting to Tulsa for work or leisure activities is relatively straightforward, with several highways and roadways connecting the two cities. Living in Owasso provides a close-knit community, excellent schools, natural beauty, and proximity to urban amenities. It’s a place where residents can enjoy the best of both worlds—small-town charm and modern conveniences—making it a desirable place to call home.