Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Join the Sound Physicians team of hospitalists at the region’s only Level 1 trauma center, the region’s only children’s hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Highly recognized and awarded, Memorial Hospital has won several awards for clinical care and excellence in exceptional Patient Care, Cancer Care, and Heart and Vascular Care.
- 612 bed, academic, tertiary facility. Hospitalist teaching service with IM residents from Mercer
- An established team of 31 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and two clinical performance nurses
- Level I Trauma Center
- Full subspecialty support
- Closed ICU with 24/7 intensivist support
- Full specialty backup and support – cardiac unit recently expanded and a full pediatric hospitalist program
- Positions available for a hospitalist day rounder, a day admissionist, and a swing admissionist
- 2+ years of hospitalist experience preferred; accepting resident applicants
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Savannah, Georgia is a city diverse in culture and is located on the beautiful Georgia coast. The city offers a strong economy, good quality of living, and a wide spectrum of cultural and recreational activities. Savannah boasts a low cost of living, rich history, and an exciting food scene for a wonderful culinary experience with the riverfront being a popular place for dining and shopping at the various restaurants and shops that line the riverwalk. The area has beautiful coastal beaches, a warm temperate climate year-round, fishing, golf, boating, hiking, biking, and robust tourism to the area for its scenic beauty.
- Savannah is 20 minutes from the beach/Atlantic Ocean and 50 minutes to Hilton Head, SC
- Major employers in the area include Gulfstream Aerospace, Georgia Pacific, and Ft. Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield
- Savannah is home to South University and Mercer University