Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center is a faith-based, not-for-profit community healthcare system that offers comprehensive health care services for people throughout Northern Iowa and Southern Minnesota. The hospital serves as the regional hospital for 8 critical access hospitals in the region which make up the MercyOne Network. Also part of the network are a number of primary care and specialty clinics, home health agency, a hospice, regional referral laboratory, pharmacies, and regional rehab and diagnostic technology services. MercyOne North Iowa opened in 1916 and employs more than 2,600, of which 400 are clinicians.
- Established team of 8 physician team and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists respond to codes
- No call environment
- 18-bed semi-open ICU with full CC support
- No procedures required
- H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Awards and Recognitions of MercyOne North Iowa Medical Center:
- Top 100 Hospital in the Nation – 2012 (Thomson Reuters)
- American Stroke Association’s Silver Performance Achievement Award
- Home Care Elite Award – Top 500 Home Care Agency
- NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
- Top 100 Most Wired Hospital
- Top Performing Acute Rehabilitation Unit, Uniform Data System
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Mason City/Clear Lake, Iowa is a hub for activity in Northern Iowa/Southern Minnesota, Mason City/Clear Lake has a combined population of 45,000+. This family-oriented community boasts an extremely low cost of living, affordable housing, excellent school systems (public and private) with a full array of extra-curricular activities as well as accelerated programs; fine arts museums, dance studios, performing arts theaters, multiplex movie theaters, and a regional orchestra. Other activities available include the indoor ice facility, home to NAHL’s Junior, A North Iowa hockey team, Outdoor activities abound with golf, tennis, soccer, baseball, hiking, biking, hunting, and fishing. Sailing and boating are available in Clear Lake which is a vacationer’s paradise. The region is bustling and progressive with a sound economy supported by diverse businesses and industries. Mason City/Clear Lake does have a small regional airport with direct flights to Minneapolis and Chicago. If you prefer to drive, you can find an international airport within 115 miles! Minneapolis, Des Moines, and Cedar Rapids are all within a few hours away. Rochester and Cedar Falls/Waterloo are even closer! You really live the best of all worlds in this outstanding community.