Through People, We Make a Difference
Marshfield Medical Center Dickinson is a 49-bed, general medical and surgical hospital in Iron Mountain, MI. The hospital serves communities in Michigan’s western Upper Peninsula and northern Wisconsin and has over 90 physicians and 850 employees on staff. Marshfield Medical Center Dickinson is a repeat winner of the Governor’s Award of Excellence. This award recognizes participants for their dedication and success in improving healthcare quality and patient safety in Michigan.
- Team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- No call environment
- Procedure experience is not required
- Hospitalist team is responsible for codes
- Flexible scheduling – No nights; Our own telemedicine team covers the hospitalist inpatients during the night
- H1B; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees are paid and services covered
- Open to internal medicine and family medicine trained physicians
Awards and Recognitions
- 2019 Top Rural Hospital
- 2019 Leapfrog Grade A recognizing Marshfield Medical Center Dickinson’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer health care
- 2019 Pulmonary Care Excellence Award
- 2019 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located in Michigan’s scenic Upper Peninsula, Iron Mountain is an economic hub, centrally located between Marquette, Michigan, and Green Bay, Wisconsin. It offers a wide variety of outdoor recreation in all four seasons including golfing, hiking, fishing, horseback riding, rafting, skiing, snowmobiling, and more. The city was named a “Michigan Main Street” community for its historic walkable downtown. The area is also known for its family-oriented nature – friendly, safe, and a low crime rate!