Hospitalist Medical Director – Vidalia, GA
Success Happens When You Start With your People
Physicians who embrace leadership roles at Sound Physicians not only thrive but also excel by embracing risk-taking, prioritizing their teams, and going the extra mile to ensure the success of their practices. We provide aspiring leaders with a solid foundation to cultivate their abilities and take on additional responsibilities. For seasoned leaders, we offer opportunities to refine their skills through personalized coaching and access to advanced content. We believe that every individual deserves the chance to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” while juggling their professional commitments, enabling them to deliver exceptional work and find fulfillment in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we wholeheartedly invest in our leaders through a physician-led learning and development team, empowering them to realize their utmost potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is dedicated exclusively to enhancing the well-being of our clinicians.
- Sound offers a dedicated learning and development program tailored to accelerate clinical leadership. This comprehensive program incorporates a combination of virtual and live events, as well as mentorship opportunities, with the aim of fostering the growth and advancement of our clinicians in their leadership roles.
- Sound provides clinician-specific tools that specifically target gaining valuable insights into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other critical outcomes. These tools are designed to support clinicians in assessing and improving their performance, enhancing their satisfaction, and achieving key objectives.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we understand the priorities that matter to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are some of the key principles we prioritize. We take pride in challenging the status quo and striving to transform the acute episode of care through our innovative model.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Minimum of 2 years director experience; acute care experience required as well
- 56 bed, acute care community hospital with Level III trauma center
- No procedures
- Open ICU with 24/7 tele-intensivist
- Two-time recipient of an “A” grade for hospital safety given by Leapfrog
- Three-time Reuters 100 Top Hospital
- 2010 Becker’s Hospital Review list of America’s 20 best community hospitals and in 2011-2013 as one of the 100 best community hospitals
- Jackson Group Workplace Excellence Award for health care leadership and employee satisfaction
- Healthcare IT News Top 5 Best Small Hospital IT Departments
Location and Lifestyle
Located in SE GA, 1 1/2 hours NW of Savannah, Vidalia is best known for its sweet onions. With year-round seasonal climate, outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, boating, camping, kayaking and hunting can be enjoyed all year. The downtown district is quaint and historic and there are a variety of shops and dining options. There’s also a Vidalia Onion Museum and the tiny city of Santa Claus is minutes from Vidalia. The nearest airport is Savannah but the Atlanta airport is 3 hours to the North.