Family Medicine Hospitalist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
St. Joseph’s Medical Center is a not-for-profit, fully accredited, regional hospital with 366 beds, a physician staff of over 400, and more than 2,400 employees. Specializing in cardiovascular care, comprehensive cancer services, and women and children’s services including neonatal intensive care, St. Joseph’s is the largest hospital and private employer in Stockton. Nationally recognized as a quality leader, St. Joseph’s is consistently chosen as the “most preferred hospital” by local consumers.
- 20 full-time physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- 7on/7off block schedule
- Open ICU with 24/7 Intensivist support
- No procedures required
- Family medicine trained physicians only; will work with the FM residency program
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
This comfortable and affordable community is enriched by the pleasures of metropolitan living without the congestion, overcrowding, and expense, this is the ideal location. Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, and San Francisco are within close range; boating, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, and rolling hills of wine country are all within reach, offering a great lifestyle and recreational opportunities. With its Central Valley location, Stockton attracts a wide range of business and recreational activities. The California Delta with over 1,000 miles of waterways surrounding Stockton is a scenic wetland with over 100 marinas and resorts. A variety of arts and cultural activities are available with opportunities to enjoy music, theatre, dance, and literary events. St. Joseph’s is located in the heart of Stockton, near the University of the Pacific, CSU Stanislaus Stockton, and the Midtown-Magnolia Community, an area rich with homes built around the turn-of-the-century. Stockton is the 12th largest city in the state with a population of over 250,000 residents. Stockton, the “All America City,” offers residents a unique blend of lifestyle opportunities.
Awards and Accolades
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been awarded its Gold Seal of Approval™
- Recipient of the Consumer Choice Award by the National Research Foundation
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission
- Designated as a Cigna Center of Excellence for Cardiac Care
- Recipient of an “A” Grade for Patient Safety by the Leapfrog Group