Emergency Medicine Physician – Sierra Vista, AZ
To our prospective team members,
I serve as the medical director for Sound Physicians’ emergency medicine practice at Canyon Vista Medical Center in Sierra Vista, Arizona. For the past year, I’ve been a member of the Sound team and am excited to extend a warm welcome to physicians who seek new opportunities or are embarking on a career change. Allow me to provide you with insights into our organization, focusing on our dedicated people, our clinical practice, and our unwavering purpose as you contemplate your next steps:
- We’re an established team of eight physicians and five advanced practice providers (APPs).
- We thrive on the diversity of our clinicians, hailing from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds. We continuously learn from one another and approach patient care with fresh perspectives.
- We want to keep the team involved and hear their opinions and voice when making changes within the team. We value strong work ethic and honesty, and patient safety always comes first.
- Teamwork is at the heart of what we do. We are always ready to lend a helping hand – even during procedures and at shift change.
- Many of us are active on hospital committees, including the medical executive committee, which helps solidify our relationships with specialists and our very supportive administration. Clinicians can champion specific projects that help improve care, such as working to update current order sets.
- We’re proud to offer J1-visa sponsorship through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Conrad 30.
- We are a smaller community-based hospital with level III trauma designation.
- We’re looking for board-certified/eligible emergency medicine physicians or family medicine physicians with emergency medicine experience.
- Our advanced practice providers see triage and fast-track patients. We work alongside Sound’s Hospital Medicine team for a smooth transition.
- We have 24/7 specialty coverage to include: cardiology with cath lab, general surgery, OB, ortho with spine, neurology (with telestroke when neuro is not on call/in the hospital), psych (on-site inpatient behavioral health unit), oncology, nephrology with dialysis capability in the ICU.
- We are a family-oriented group, committed to your wellness, and combating burnout.
- Recognizing the importance of family and spending time outdoors, we offer a flexible schedule. We’re always there to support each other when covering shifts.
- Regular monthly meetings, both remote and in-person, foster engagement and provide a platform for feedback.
- Full-time employment is 120 hours per month with an annual compensation of $477,975 or more, depending on schedule. Travel expenses are covered for those living outside of Sierra Vista.
- Our top priority is always the well-being of our patients.
- The group is always interested in strong candidates with a passion for leadership and/or treating underserved populations. The ability to speak Spanish is a bonus, but not a requirement.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Sierra Vista is one hour southeast of Tucson with a landscape of mountains. It’s an easy commute to Phoenix and has a military and veteran population due to adjacent Fort Huachuca. Sierra Vista is known for its friendly and welcoming community; it is also a haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Edward Jackman