Emergency Medicine Physician – Frederick, MD
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for Sound’s emergency medicine team at Frederick Health Hospital in Frederick, Maryland. I have been a part of Sound for one year and welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 15 physicians and 20 advanced practice providers, with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- Explore career advancement possibilities by participating in ED-based and hospital committees, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on a broader scale.
- Engage in our monthly wellness events, where staff and families come together as part of our mental health initiative. Enjoy hikes, meals, sporting events, happy hours, and holiday parties. We prioritize the longevity of our clinicians and provide comprehensive ancillary services in the ED, including peer recovery, ED pharmacists, crisis intervention, social work, and case management.
- Recognizing the high acuity and strong mix of EM pathology, we are committed to maintaining a strong practice group built to provide the highest level of care possible in today’s complex EM environment.
- Our team thrives in a fast-paced ED environment featuring a newly established separate pediatric ED.
- Ranked as the 3rd busiest ED in Maryland, with a remarkable 80,000 annual visits catering to adult and pediatric patients. We are also recognized as a State Top Performer in EMS offload time, showcasing our commitment to efficiency.
- Seamless integration with hospitalist, observation, pediatrics, and critical care for integrated throughput, ensuring a low LWBS rate of less than 3%.
- High acuity setting with a 30% admission rate, complemented by our designation as a STEMI Center and Primary Stroke Center, offering ED MRI for stroke and spinal cord emergencies.
- We are magnet status accredited with fully staffed nursing, ensuring a high standard of care.
- Cutting-edge facilities, including point-of-care ultrasound in the ED, an ED pharmacist, and dedicated ED social work/case management.
- We emphasize staff well-being by including ED Peer Recovery and a supportive, flexible schedule accommodating the team’s diverse preferences for family and outdoor activities.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community: Frederick, Maryland, is a great place to live due to its historic charm, vibrant downtown area, and diverse cultural scene. Residents enjoy a strong sense of community, excellent schools, and proximity to both urban amenities and natural attractions, making it an ideal blend of small-town charm and modern conveniences.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Amit Chandra, MD