Emergency Medicine Physician – Orangeburg, SC
Join Sound in Orangeburg, SC at Medical University of South Carolina Health
The Emergency Department at the Medical University of South Carolina Health Orangeburg is a state-of-the-art facility staffed by skilled professionals, dedicated to providing top-tier emergency medical care to the local community.
- 286-bed acute care hospital with a 35-bed ED and a 22-bed ICU
- Level III trauma center
- Procedures are required
- Volume of ED – 60,000
- 13% admission rate
- BCEM eligible or certified required
- Full and part-time positions available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Hospital emergency departments have become the source of the majority of hospital admissions, so continually striving to improve outcomes in the emergency department is key to a hospital’s success. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine and hospital medicine teams is imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs, and improve clinical performance and patient experience.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- Data-driven physician dashboards with automated analytics
- Optimized daily workflows and optimized scheduling
- Compliance support
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Clinician-specific performance feedback
Location and Lifestyle
Situated a mere 35-minute drive from Columbia and slightly over an hour away from Charleston, Orangeburg stands as a thriving and distinctive community. This captivating city offers an array of activities suitable for both families and individuals, including options like hunting, fishing, golfing, and participation in community sports, among many other pursuits. What sets Orangeburg apart is its commitment to education and the wealth of academic resources it provides for its residents. The city boasts a diverse array of colleges and universities, in addition to an array of public and private K-12 schools, underlining its dedication to educational excellence.