Emergency Medicine Physician
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? We are looking for an emergency medicine physician who is passionate about embracing innovation. Sound Physicians brings leadership, organization, technology, and process to confront the pain points that every emergency department must contend with today including reducing avoidable readmissions, managing patients who make frequent ED visits, implementing efficient workflows, and a commitment to delivering a positive provider and patient experience.
St. Joseph’s is a 478 facility part of a three Hospital Health System featuring a 44-bed Medical Surgical ICU with a dedicated 12-bed Neuro CCU and Step down unit, and 36 Neuro Med/Surg private rooms. One of three Accredited Chest Pain Centers in Southern Arizona and one of only two Tucson hospitals certified as a Primary Stroke Center. St. Joseph’s is home to the Neurological Institute, Women’s Care Program, and Nationally-certified and awarded Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs.
- Level I Trauma
- ED Beds: 50
- ED volume: 50,000
- 40 hours of physician coverage; 16 hours of APP coverage
- Physician Procedures: Conscience Sedation, airway management, central lines
- Admission rate: 25%- high acuity
- Technology: MRI 24/7, bedside Ultrasound, 3 cath labs, Stroke Center, Cerner EMR
- EM Residency completion required
What Matters to You
Sound Physicians knows that the only way to achieve our vision of being “the unmatched leader in improving quality and lowering the cost of care in the communities we serve” is through the well-being of our people. We care about your peace of mind, and that comes from knowing you are part of an organization that supports you.
- Data-driven physician dashboards with automated analytics
- Optimized daily workflows and optimized scheduling
- Compliance support
- Commitment to our front-line providers
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Provider-specific performance feedback
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is home to roughly 1 million people, the second-largest city in Arizona behind Phoenix. Tucson is situated in the Sonoran Desert and is surrounded by five mountain ranges, making it the perfect location for outdoor enthusiasts. Our community may be the best-kept secret in the Southwest – join us!
- 360 days of annual sunshine with an average temperature of 83′ F
- Phenomenal Schools – Tucson has three high schools that were listed in the Top 50 High Schools in the USA by S. News & World Report
- Tucson is among the hottest housing markets for 2021. The average home cost is 21% less than the average home cost in Phoenix.
- Year-round recreational activities include rock climbing, snow-skiing, camping, hiking, and bicycling across the area’s 800+ miles of biking paths.
- Tucson has a rich cultural arts community comprised of over 200 art groups and over 30 regional museums.
- Excellent culinary culture and scene – Tucson is the only U.S. city designated as a “City of Gastronomy” by UNESCO