Emergency Medicine Physician
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Hospital emergency departments have become the source of most hospital admissions, so continually striving to improve outcomes in the emergency department is key to a hospital’s success. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine and hospital medicine teams is imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs and improve clinical performance and patient experience.
- 49 bed-hospital, part of Covenant Health System, the largest, most comprehensive provider in the West Texas and eastern New Mexico regions
- 8 bed ED
- 13,000 ED volume
- Open ICU
- Procedures and codes are required
- Full or part time positions available
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- Data-driven physician dashboards with automated analytics
- Optimized daily workflows and optimized scheduling
- Compliance support
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Clinician-specific performance feedback
Location and Lifestyle
Named the “HUB” city, Lubbock’s growing economy, housing options, educational opportunities, and recreational amenities make it one of the most livable cities in Texas! Lubbock is a bustling metropolis with great music, shopping and dining, Big 12 Conference sports, a vibrant arts community, and acclaimed medical facilities, Lubbock blends small-town charm with west Texas warmth and hospitality.
- Academic city offering programs with Texas Tech locally in Plainview, Amarillo, and Lubbock
- Live and play in Lubbock with short commute times
- No state tax; below-average cost of living
- Quick access to DFW, Houston, and San Antonio
- Relatively dry climate: summer days are warm to hot with low humidity with pleasant evenings; enjoy an average of 245 day