Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Emergency Medicine
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Adventist Health of Bakersfield, a 254-bed hospital in Kern County, is a health system devoted to serving and building a healthier community by focusing on investing in people, innovation, and technology. Adventist Health has invested more than $200 million dollars in facility, technology, and services to expand in the community. As the only A-rated hospital in the county with numerous awards for Clinical Excellence With 3000 dedicated healthcare professionals, AHB is taking its mission to every corner of the county.
- 78,000 volume ED
- 32 bed ED (22 main, 10 South): state-of-the-art patient rooms complete with the latest life-saving technology
- Ambulatory and helipad facilities for receiving patients throughout the county
- Cerner EMR
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
The Sound Physicians emergency medicine leadership recognizes the medical team as key to the success of our hospital partnerships. The clinical onboarding of all our nurse practitioners and physician assistants is a coordinated process that recognizes the skill level of the APP based on a tiered approach to their clinical experience. While the EM APP onboarding program is standardized, it is guided and overseen at the site level by site-specific leaders.
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
- Current, unrestricted license in CA required
Location & Lifestyle
This ideal location offers the best of both worlds: A highly desirable location with affordability and low cost of living, with close access to Central California wine country, central coast beach communities, Sierra Nevada mountains, and all the world-class shopping, dining, and sightseeing in Los Angeles. Enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping, and a diverse economy with many locally owned businesses. Furthermore enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, white water rafting! Wide-open spaces with incredible year-round activities await you!
Awards and Achievements
- A-rated by Leapfrog for Patient Safety
- Clinical Excellence Award by Healthgrades
- Numerous awards for Heart Care, Neurological Care, Maternity Care, Gastrointestinal Care, Prostate Surgery, Critical Care, Orthopedics, Pulmonary Care
- The first Nationally Certified Stroke Center and Nationally Accredited Chest Pain Center under the same roof between Los Angeles and San Francisco