Emergency Medicine Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – North Augusta, GA
To prospective teammates,
I serve as the medical director for Sound’s emergency medicine (EM) practice at Aiken Regional Medical Center in Aiken, South Carolina, a role I’ve held for two and a half years as part of Sound Physicians. We take pride in the EM program we’ve established and are open to discussions with experienced nurse practitioners and physician assistants who are seeking a change in their career path. I’d be delighted to provide more details, particularly about our people, practice, and our purpose, as you contemplate your options:
- We’re a friendly and cohesive team, consisting of 16 physicians and 9 advanced practice providers (APPs).
- Our team encompasses a broad spectrum of expertise, ranging from newly trained residents to individuals with decades of experience.
- Several of us actively participate in hospital committees, including credentials, medical executive, sepsis, peer review, and citizenship committees. Our involvement plays a significant role in strengthening our connections with specialists and the supportive administration.
- We cover Aiken Regional Medical Center’s 30-bed emergency department and a 10-bed free-standing emergency department in North Augusta, Georgia. We manage all aspects of community emergency medicine. Collaborative on-shift interaction with colleagues and consultants.
- Aiken Regional is a 273-bed community hospital and is a certified chest pain and stroke center. We have 43K annual visits, 39 hours of physician coverage, and 30 hours of APP coverage per day.
- The ER at Sweetwater is a newly built 10-bed free-standing emergency department. We have 23K annual visits, 24 hours of physician coverage, and 12 hours of APP coverage per day.
- APPs with EM experience are encouraged to apply. We have full-time and per diem options available.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or in the outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Sound’s practices are characterized by a strong emphasis on personal and professional growth, providing our team members with opportunities for local and broader career advancement within the medical group.
- As a community-oriented team, we actively support and encourage our members who wish to make meaningful contributions both within and outside the hospital, fostering a thriving local community.
Many are drawn to Aiken, South Carolina for its charming southern hospitality, vibrant equestrian culture, and picturesque landscapes. The city offers a relaxed pace of life and a strong sense of community, making it an appealing destination for those seeking a tranquil yet engaging environment.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, Caroline McLean, who will put you in touch with me.
Steven Currier, MD