Emergency Medicine Medical Director (1099)
Medical Director Opportunity (1099) in Memphis, Tennessee; Excellent Compensation
Methodist University hosts 617 beds and is home to a new 50-bed emergency room. This hospital serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Methodist University the backup trauma center for Memphis and serves as a referral center for the entire Methodist Health Care System and beyond and is located in downtown Memphis.
- Excellent subspecialty support and medical staff
- Teaching opportunities with Emergency Medicine residents
- Certified Chest Pain center
- EM Physicians do NOT attend floor codes
- Comfort with procedures and trauma patients required
- Excellent independent contractor compensation with liability/malpractice coverage provided
- BE/BC in emergency medicine (ABEM, ABOEM) required
Location & Lifestyle
If you are looking for a city with a low cost of living, a strong economy, a vibrant culture, and a great place to raise a family, then Memphis is the perfect place for you.
- Low cost of living: The cost of living in Memphis is significantly lower than the national average. This means that you will be able to afford a larger home or apartment, and you will have more money to spend on other things.
- Strong economy: The economy in Memphis is strong. There are many businesses and organizations in Memphis.
- Vibrant culture: Memphis is a vibrant city with a rich history and culture. It is home to world-class museums, art galleries, and theaters. There are also many festivals and events throughout the year.
- Great place to raise a family: Memphis is a great place to raise a family. The city has excellent schools, safe neighborhoods, and plenty of activities for kids. There are also many parks and green spaces, making it a great place to get outdoors.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? We are seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation in the emergency department. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. Sound’s robust performance management infrastructure, clinical innovation, and deep investments in physician leadership development pave the way to transform emergency department operations so that patients are seen promptly, treated quickly, and have a better overall experience. At Sound, we invest in our leaders with a dedicated, physician-led learning and development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Provider-specific performance feedback
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a staffing coordinator that will handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.