Emergency Medicine Medical Director
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Methodist University hosts 617 beds and is home to a new 50-bed emergency room. This hospital serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Methodist University the backup trauma center for Memphis and serves as a referral center for the entire Methodist Health Care System and beyond and is located in downtown Memphis.
- Excellent subspecialty support and medical staff
- Teaching opportunities with Emergency Medicine residents
- Certified Chest Pain center
- EM Physicians do NOT attend floor codes
- Comfort with procedures and trauma patients required
- Excellent independent contractor compensation with liability/malpractice coverage provided
- BE/BC in emergency medicine (ABEM, ABOEM) required
Hospital emergency departments have become the source of the majority of hospital admissions, so continually striving to improve outcomes in the emergency department is key to a hospital’s success. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine and hospital medicine teams is imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs, and improve clinical performance, and patient experience.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? We are seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation in the emergency department. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. Sound’s robust performance management infrastructure, clinical innovation, and deep investments in physician leadership development pave the way to transform emergency department operations so that patients are seen promptly, treated quickly, and have a better overall experience. At Sound, we invest in our leaders with a dedicated, physician-led learning and development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Provider-specific performance feedback
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a staffing coordinator that will handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
Location & Lifestyle
Location and Lifestyle Memphis is located along the Mississippi River in southwest Tennessee. It has a population of 650,000 (2018), which makes this city the largest on the Mississippi River. There is lots to do in this city, including visiting the former home of Elvis Presley, Graceland. Other attractions include Beale Street, the National Civil Rights Museum, and Sun Studio.