Emergency Medicine Medical Director
The Team – The Hospital
Canyon Vista Medical Center is a 100-bed full-service, joint commissioned acute care hospital that is easily accessible from all areas surrounding the city
- 24-bed ED, 12-bed ICU, and 10-bed telemetry unit
- Volume of ED – 31,000
- Level III Trauma center
- Teaching hospital with internal medicine and family medicine residency program
- EM, IM or FM trained with 5+ years of emergency medicine experience; board certification is required
- Leadership experience is required
- Excellent Independent contractor compensation with liability/malpractice coverage provided; will pay travel expenses
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? We are seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation in the emergency department. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. Sound’s robust performance management infrastructure, clinical innovation, and deep investments in physician leadership development pave the way to transform emergency department operations so that patients are seen promptly, treated quickly, and have a better overall experience. At Sound, we invest in our leaders with a dedicated, physician-led learning and development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Clinician-specific performance feedback
Location and Lifestyle
With a population of just over 44,000 and increasing every year, Sierra Vista is located in the beautiful high desert of southeast Arizona. Nestled in the San Pedro River Valley, just 75 miles southeast of Tucson with spectacular mountain views and a year-round temperate climate. Sierra Vista is within an hour’s drive of an abundance of amazing outdoor activities. You will be surrounded by mountains, beautiful desert landscapes, and some of the nation’s most historic parks. Perfect for exploring and hiking!