Medical Director, Emergency Medicine
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Borgess-Lee Memorial Hospital, a 25-bed, non-profit, critical access hospital, is a part of Ascension, a 15-hospital system in Michigan. The hospital serves Dowagiac and Cass County with primary care, secondary services, and tertiary care in cardiovascular, orthopedic, pulmonary, and diagnostic services. Thanks to the link with Borgess Health, the hospital offers many specialty services usually found only in larger cities.
- ED Volume: 11,000
- No call environment
- Employed position
- Integrated care program – Sound manages the hospitalist and emergency medicine services
- Board-certified in emergency medicine
- ACLS, ATLS, and PALS certifications required
Hospital emergency departments have become the source of the majority of hospital admissions, so continually striving to improve outcomes in the emergency department is key to a hospital’s success. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine and hospital medicine teams is imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs, and improve clinical performance, and patient experience.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? We are seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation in the emergency department. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. Sound’s robust performance management infrastructure, clinical innovation, and deep investments in physician leadership development pave the way to transform emergency department operations so that patients are seen promptly, treated quickly, and have a better overall experience. At Sound, we invest in our leaders with a dedicated, physician-led learning and development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Commitment to our front-line clinicians
- Contributions are valued and rewarded
- Provider-specific performance feedback
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a staffing coordinator that will handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
Location & Lifestyle
Dowagiac is nestled within the Fruit Belt in Southwest Michigan, surrounded by rolling farmlands and abundant orchards. Enjoy a multitude of cultural and recreational attractions in the area such as fishing, canoeing, boating, water skiing, and ice fishing on the neighboring Sister Lakes. Be sure to tour the historic train depot, live theatre, museums, and art galleries as well.