EM Advanced Practitioner in the Bronx, New York
Emergency Medicine APP Opportunity at Freestanding ED in the Bronx, NY
Montefiore Westchester Square is the first and only standalone emergency department in New York State. Montefiore Health System campus has a direct connection to the main tertiary care center for specialty consultation/admissions with excellent support by EMS to transport high-acuity patients to the hospital once stabilized.
- 15-bed, freestanding ED that is part of the Montefiore Health System
- ~34,000 annual visits, lower acuity, higher volume. Average 95-100 patients/24 hours
- PA/NP coverage 24-36 hours per day (staggered; no night shifts)
- Ample physician collaboration on shift in small community ED setting
- Scheduling done via Shift Admin 2-3 months in advance
- Part-time option available
- Compensation: $108,000-$136,800 per year
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Montefiore is a leader in superior healthcare services and have been recognized nationally by publications, industry associations, and organizations that rank the country’s top physicians and hospitals. Some of their recognitions include being ranked one of the Best Hospitals by U.S. News. They have also been recognized by High Performing, placing it among the top providers in the country.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Collaborate with fellow APPs and physicians in managing a thriving and very busy ED
- Opportunity to mentor NP/PA students that rotate through the ED and also learn procedures if that is of interest
- Current, unrestricted license; Experience in emergency medicine preferred but open to new graduates
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
Location & Lifestyle
The Bronx is known for the location of Yankee Stadium, the home field of the New York Yankees Baseball team. Some of their interesting landmarks include Bronx Zoo, the New York Botanical Garden, and Wave Hill Public Gardens. Although The Bronx is the 3rd most dense county in the U.S., there is still lots of large parks, including Van Cortlandt Park, and Pelham Bay Park.
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value you bring when you are empowered to perform the full scope of your practice. From the start of your career with Sound Physicians, we will support you in providing the excellent care that you long to give each patient through continual professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will thrive in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, and patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.